With more than 40 years experience in the maritime and maritime education sectors Chris Haughton brings a great blend of theory and practice to underpin his consultancy work.
Haughton Maritime Ltd undertakes specialised educational and training consultancy in the maritime sector. For example:
- inspection and evaluation of seafarer teaching and learning worldwide;
- assessment and evaluation of learning events and training courses;
- design of learning programmes for seafarers;
- advice and guidance on STCW issues;
- advice and guidance for on-board training programmes;
- education and training input to company seminars and other in-house activities;
- executive coaching services to shipping company executives and officers at sea.
For the last twenty years Chris has been closely involved with maritime education and training, primarily in the UK but also overseas. Work has taken him to shipping companies, training establishments and Flag State authorities in countries across the world including China, Japan, India, Australia, the US, Cyprus, Ireland, Belgium, Germany, Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines.
A former deck officer, he spent his seagoing years on a wide variety of cargo and passenger ship types which provided a broad perspective of seafaring activity. As the Head of School in a leading UK college, he was heavily involved in the design and implementation of functional-based training systems and the acceptance of accredited Distance and e-learning Programmes for seafarers.
Haughton Maritime would be delighted to discuss your requirements.